Monday, November 11, 2013

Saving Money on Art Supplies

Today I'd like to share my experience with buying art supplies.

You can end up spending a lot of money on paint brushes, canvas's and paints.

My main source of supplies is Michaels. I don't know if other artists buy canvas's elsewhere but I'd definitely like to hear from you and learn about other sources for both paints an canvas's.

I discovered that every few months Michaels has a buy 1 get one free sale on canvas's. There's no way of knowing when this sale will take place but I've happened to come across it a couple of times when I've been visiting the store. Its definitely something to keep an eye out for.

The other very useful thing is the use of coupons! There is an iphone app called "Snip Snap". I'm fairly confident that you could get this app on android as well. Search for Michaels coupons here and you should come across a variety of coupons - 40% off 1 item, 20% off entire purchase, etc. Some of these can only be used on regularly priced items and not on sale items but still these coupons are great for purchasing paints or paintbrushes which as you know can be expensive; specially good paintbrushes. The cheap ones have weak bristles which break off and stick to your canvas so I have discovered that its beneficial to invest in good paintbrushes.

If you have other good sources for art materials, and other good ways to save money please do share with me in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment